Thursday, February 4, 2010

The eagle has landed...

The boys are off to Florida today to fulfill a lifelong dream for the hubby--to see a space shuttle launch in person. Since he had a business trip in Atlanta, it made sense for him to hop down a state & stay a couple extra days to try & catch the last ever night launch in the space shuttle program (my idea--pretty brilliant I thought!) Of course, he said it wouldn't be as much fun to see it alone, so after a lengthy discussion, we decided to send the big boys for a very memorable (we hope) weekend with Dad.

Tomorrow & Saturday they will tour the Kennedy Space Center & maybe hit the beach. Then, hopefully they'll catch the launch in the wee hours of Sunday morning. We're keeping our fingers crossed that they don't scrub it (as I write this it's 11:11 honey--I think that's a good sign!)

Sunday they will head back towards Gainesville & Jacksonville to tour the old missionary stomping grounds. That's right--the Jacksonville, FL mission 1988-1990. How convenient!

Matthew's facebook status for today--got to drive on I-5 & I-95 in the same day. How cool is that?

Hope you have a great time boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment